12.31.2011

looking back on 2011.

as i've said many times before, and i'm sure i'll say many times again, 2011 was quite a ride.  emotionally, it drained me.  mentally, it challenged me.  physically, well, it left a lot to be desired.

reflecting on this year was interesting to say the least.  i spent most of the year as a single woman doing my very best to maximize my me time and potential.  to be honest, it was hard not to dwell on the future, wishing a. was home and 2012 was here.   so as i looked through my pictures and everything i did, i have to be proud of the things i accomplished and the person another deployment helped me to become.  

2011 started with a lofty list of projects and challenges.  i barely got through most of it- however, as life naturally progressed, new challenges and projects evolved organically.  so with 2012 right around the corner, i'm going to take heed from the lessons learned last year.  my list will be reasonable and challenging- but not overwhelming.  since sometimes, most times, the things you never planned, make the very best memories.

so here's an overview of our 2011...in photos. 

you know, it wasn't so bad.  2011 had it ups and definitely had it's downs.  but there was so much adventure, support and love over the last 365 days, that all said and done, i can't honestly say i'd change anything.  happy new year's to you and may 2012 bring you oodles of joy, cheer and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment