- sunday: zakes cakes and cafe had a stellar brunch. one order of zakes omelet with a side of fruit and one order of their original eggs benedict (made with salmon). yum!
- sunday: a beautiful walk on tyler's potato farm. the serenity of the land & his beautiful home made this a perfect recap to the otherwise busy trip.
- sunday: a quick trip to ikea for operation organization (more on that coming soon).
- saturday: beer menu. i chose hop devil. and i'd do it all over again.
- friday: catching up on a full inbox before the speaker dinner.
- saturday: the restaurant for the last networking reception of the weekend.
- sunday: the very last bit of syracuse snow. what a tease.
- sunday: zakes. seriously, best brunch i've had in quite some time.
- sunday: tylers home. built in the 1800's he gutted and restored the entire thing. by hand.
- saturday: quick break under the university's skylights.
- friday: quick and dirty lunch at five guys. i'm a sucker for peanuts and think their burgers are over-rated (granted, i've only have the veggie burgers...).
- saturday: a.'s reading, with wine and cough drops. we went through an entire bag of those suckers (pun intended) over the weekend. nice.
work took me to philly so i dragged a. with me for moral support. we drove down friday since i had a speaker's dinner (while i wasn't a speaker, i was interviewed, gulp!). saturday was a long day. while i networked and attended sessions, a. kept busy studying and test-taking (spoiler alert, he's taking classes for his cfp). but sunday was glorious. we spent the day together gallivanting around the outskirts of philadelphia, exploring ikea and met up with a dear childhood friend and her boyfriend for dinner and some awesome conversation. in no particular order, here's the recap.