1.14.2013

a new 'do.

happy monday!  as you can tell, things are looking different around here.  i'm attempting to update the blog, but since i know so little about html and css, it's going to have to be done in baby steps.  i hope that's okay with ya!

over the next couple months, i'll be making changes to this space: some not-so-noticeable, and others that will likely be major adjustments.  first, i have to thank you in advance for your patience.  i'm certain some of the pictures are going to be wonky (i love big photos in blogs, but not as big as mine were- so i'm doing some overall resizing) and there's a high probability some links may not work.  i'm going to do my best to make major changes all at once, but life has that annoying tendency of getting in the way.

i'm still mapping out what i'd ultimately like to do with my header (i'm thinking bright colors and way more photos) and as i better organize my posts, will add more links via pictures to the sidebars.  i love a simple layout so i'm not planning to add anything too fancy, but as i continue to learn and experiment with graphics and other components, i might just surprise myself.

in addition to a visual change, i'm hoping to continue to find my voice through blogging.  looking back on my first few posts, i really struggled.  then, the more i wrote, the more i thought i found my footing.  now, i feel as though my style ebbs and flows with my mood.  maybe that's a good thing, maybe it's not- but regardless of the emotions i'm trying to portray, i'd like my writing to stay consistent.

i have a lot of work ahead of me to make the changes i would like to see happen.  i'm sure i'll change my mind a million times and once again, i can't thank you enough for baring with me during this transition.

right now i'm moving in baby steps.  as my grandpa used to say, anyone can eat an elephant one bite at a time.  & that's exactly what i intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment